Certified Tour Manager (CTM) training
“Excellent refresher course. Handling your communication is very important. The practical exercises are a good learning experience”
Even as an experienced tour manager, there might be times when you make the wrong decision, are tempted (again) to use a defensive posture, become annoyed with one of your guests, could have applied a different leadership style or could have improved on leading the group process.
Recognizable? Then this two-day IVOR training is suited for you!
Aims of this CTM training:
– Help you gain an understanding of group processes;
– Make you aware of your professional role as a tour manager;
– Enable you to use your communications skills to guide your group as efficiently as possible;
– Enable you to use your communicative skills in a targeted manner to prevent or resolve conflicts;
– Equip you to give and receive feedback
Topics discussed include the following:
– Gaining insight into the way you communicate
– Skills for tour managers
– Behaviour and expectations
– Dealing with conversations involving resistance or bad news
– Problem-solving conversation
– Styles of management
– Group processes
The training will not cover professional knowledge and procedures. We assume that your tour manager experience is both recent and at the desired level. Your last trip should not have been longer than a year ago, and you should have at least two years of experience. The theory is based on practical situations and role plays.
After this two-day IVOR training, you will be registered in the Algemene Nederlandse Vereniging van Reisondernemingen (ANVR) Tour Managers’ Register and will receive the corresponding ANVR Tour Manager ID Card
Cost: The investment for this two-day training is € 345. Please make sure to pay this amount in full, three weeks before the first training day at the latest. IATM members will receive a discount and pay € 295.
– IVOR is exempt from VAT
– ANVR certification included
– Coffee/tea is included. Lunch is at your own account
– Maximum group size: 12 participants (a minimum of eight participants is required)
Training dates: 03-04-2019 and 05-04-2019 / 03-10-2019 and 05-10-2019
If you live outside The Netherlands, you are also more than welcome to attend.
Registration: Email your updated CV and a recent photo of yourself to email@example.com. You will receive an invoice and general payment conditions. A final invitation will follow after full payment of the invoice.
It is also possible to offer this training within your company. Request a quote from Ingrid: +31 (0)13 5801 312 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“I really experienced the training as a refresher, and it was instructive. It is very interesting to go back to work with your own communication and behaviour. The learning objectives that came forward ensure that you become aware of what you already did and how you can change that. You get the chance to expose yourself and work with the necessary constructive feedback. Being together with colleagues is a very pleasant incident.”
< Back to Dutch Page